Solna, 9 June 2016
It was great to meet you all! Below, you will find the lecture slides and and some links which may be useful.
I wish you all good luck with your summer projects. Feel free to email me for feedback on your PPt slides or poster design – but remember to give me a couple of days to reply.
PS Don’t forget to like the Crastina Facebook Page; we try to present really useful and/or inspiring links every day!
A PPt for scientific presentations
- A science talk PPT template (based on chapter 16 in Matt Carter’s Designing Science Presentations)
- Ten tricks to have your audience hang on your lips
Tips from the Belgian company The Floor is Yours
- Advice from the Geek that Speaks
A fun 42 part course by Danish chemist Andreas Møgelhøj
- The magic Washing Machine
My favourite presentation by Hans Rosling
- Tips for a readable poster
A Swedish classic – a bit old, but still very useful.
- How to win a scientific poster contest
More advice from The Floor is Yours
- How to create a beautiful scientific poster?
Advice from Pieter Torrez, marine biologist & graphic artist
More useful stuff
Mr Scicomm = Kirk Englehardt
If you want a starting point for general science communication (hashtag #scicomm) your man is Kirk Englehardt from University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. He knows what is going on, and regularily presents summaries like this.
My current pet project is Crastina (from Scientia Crastina, Latin for ‘The Science of Tomorrow’)—a networking platform for the exchange of knowledge, skills, experience and opinion regarding scientific communication and science dissemination. The primary target group is early career scientists, but here you can find stuff which is useful for everybody with an interest for communication. Read more.
There are several ways to engage in the Crastina network activities.
- The Facebook Page offers interesting links every day.
- You can become a link curator of the FB page or a guest blogger–please get in touch.