Hej, alla Amgen-studenter!
Tempus fugit — time flies — and in just a couple of weeks you will need to wrap up your summer project. I hope that the biomolecules and cells are behaving in your tubes and dishes and that you are getting some data (soon you will probably identify with the guys in this video). Just don’t worry too much – you will sort it out in the end, just like your Amgen colleagues have done through the years.
Below you will find a pdf with the lecture slides, as well as a collection of links which I hope you will find useful.
You can email me anytime for feedback on your PPt slides or poster design – but remember to give me a couple of days to reply.
PS 2 Don’t forget to like the Crastina Facebook Page; we try to present really useful and/or inspiring links every day!
A PPt for scientific presentations
- Ten tricks to have your audience hang on your lips
Tips from the Belgian company The Floor is Yours
- Advice from the Geek that Speaks
A fun 42 part course by Danish chemist Andreas Møgelhøj
- The magic Washing Machine
My favourite presentation by Hans Rosling
- 11 Presentation Lessons You Can Still Learn From Steve Jobs
- Presentation tips from University of Leicester
- Tips for a readable poster
A Swedish classic – a bit old, but still very useful.
- How to win a scientific poster contest
More advice from The Floor is Yours
- How to create a beautiful scientific poster?
Advice from Pieter Torrez, marine biologist & graphic artist
- Better Posters
A really useful blog by Zen Faulkes, invertebrate neuroethologist at The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley.
Other Useful Stuff
- Contrast, Repetition, Alignment, Proximity
- Getting started with LinkedIn
- How to succeed in interviews