UPCOMING: four online workshops – four communication Powertools.
During autumn 2018, I am preparing four different online workshops, based on the following guidelines.
The workshops below should:
- Convey a specific communication skill which can be applied the next working day.
- Take place during a single session of 2–3 hours.
- Engage 4–6 international participants.
- Be based on video lecturing and discussion, as well as slideshow and sketching.
- Include one–three exercises, during which the participants disconnect and work on their own.
Please email me at email@example.com for more information.
Power Tool #1:
Getting to the point,
inverted pyramid style
Under development – has successfully been carried out a number of times.
Learning from journalists, writing effective news and blog updates
Science & tech people often have a hard time getting to the point. Instead of focussing on the main messages, they tend to get lost among the details of their subject. In this online workshop, the participants learn how to write a short news piece, using the inverted pyramid technique from journalism.
Power Tool #2:
Ethos, Pathos, Logos
– the triad of persuasion
Under development – has successfully been carried out.
Convincing your audience, following three different strategies
Aristotle defined the triad of ethos, pathos, logos in the 4th century BC, and ever since it has been a model to prepare and analyze convincing communication.