Helping science & tech people get their messages across.
WRITER, TRAINER & AUTHOR
Based in Sweden, I am a communications consultant, public speaker, educator, and freelance writer.
My specialties include the following:
- Scientific communication and science dissemination.
- Presentation and writing techniques.
- Medical, technical, and scientific writing, aimed at a popular audience.
Through the years, I have worked for universities (Karolinska, KTH, Lund …), the industry (Astra Zeneca, Scania …), and NGOs (Cancerfonden, MultiHelix …).
- Training in the form of lectures, seminars, and workshops
- Research, editorial planning, and text production for magazines, websites, reports, etc.
- Concept development, strategic planning, networking activities
Och, ja – jag gör allt detta på svenska också om så önskas!
COMMUNICATION SKILLS FOR EARLY-CAREER SCIENTISTS
I offer lectures and workshops – live and online – on a number of topics related to communication. My main target groups are the following:
- Early-career scientists
- Students at bachelor or master level
- Engineers & R&D staff in the industry
- Communication professionals
I currently offer six training subjects that can be combined into a customized event:
- General communication skills for science & tech people
- Power writing for communicators of science & tech
- Presentation techniques for novices as well as for experienced professionals
- The Elevator Pitch
- Scientific poster design
- Networking and social media for science & tech people
KEEP IT SIMPLE, ENGAGE, AND NEVER BE BORING
After having personally engaging in thousands of professional case stories during the course of a long career, I believe in what I define as “The Grand Unified Theory” of communication. According to this mindset, there is a set of universal principles which can be applied to make communication more effective.
- Strive for simplicity.
- Engage the audience as if you were having a conversation
- Last but not least: never be boring.
As a knowledge worker, I get energized by the force field between the traditional and the brand-new. Or to quote the Swedish poet Gunnar Ekelöf:
“The established is good. The opposition against the established is good.”
”Det bestående är bra. Oppositionen mot det bestående är bra.”
During the fall of 2021, I will offer online training in the following subjects. As the target groups are master students, Ph.D. students, and early-career scientists in general, a pay-what-you-want price model will be applied.
I am very happy to team up with my friends at Academya, for whom I will offer workshops in English.
“Academya was founded in 2011 by a group of academics in Poland and in the UK. Academya combines the expertise of professional language editors with specialist academic content reviewers who are leaders in their fields – giving researchers a unique opportunity to create the highest standards of academic papers. We also develop and deliver academic writing workshops and webinars for universities around the world.”