Thanks for a great afternoon at Karolinska! Good luck with your projects, and feel free to get in touch with your questions, ideas, and reflections!
PS Please remember what I said about the Amgen Scholars Program:
- It puts you at the center of a great network of like-minded people from all over Europe.
- We need more representation from Scandinavia.
- It’s only open to undergraduate students who have not completed their bachelor’s or first degree; don’t let the window of opportunity close when you enter university!
If it sounds interesting, I would be happy to put you in touch with an alumnus!
A PPt for scientific presentations
This template is based on a chapter in the first edition of Matt Carter’s Designing Science Presentations. Matt is an assistant professor of biology at Williams College, Massachusetts, and an amiable person!
- Scientific Presentations – a booklet by Neil J. Cronin
- My favorite presentation: The Magic Washing Machine with Hans Rosling
- Basic graphic design: Contrast, Repetition, Alignment, Proximity
A chapter from a book by PowerPoint guru Garr Reynolds.
- Remove to Improve
The video we studied during the workshop demonstrates the data-to-ink ratio – great stuff!
- Remove to improve
Some notes from the makers of the video above.