Solna, 24 June 2015
Finally–here is your feedback page! I just realised that it hadn’t been published and distributed to you for some reason.
Anyway, it’s always great to meet the Amgen Scholars groups. I hope you appreciated the viking Odyssey to Björkö as much as I did.
Below you will find a pdf with the lecture slides as well as a collection of links which I hope you will find useful.
You can email me anytime for feedback on your PPt slides or poster design – but remember to give me a couple of days to reply.
See you on 10 August for the workshop!
PS Don’t forget to like the Crastina Facebook Page; we try to present really useful and/or inspiring links every day!
- 11 Presentation Lessons You Can Still Learn From Steve Jobs
- My favourite presentation by Hans Rosling
- Presentation tips from University of Leicester
Other Useful Stuff
- Contrast, Repetition, Alignment, Proximity
- Getting started with LinkedIn
- How to succeed in interviews
- A really good article about current web trends
Mr SciComm = Kirk Englehardt
If you want a starting point for general science communication (hashtag #scicomm) your man is Kirk Englehardt from Georgia Tech. He knows what is going on, and presents summaries like this every week!
My great pet project is Crastina (from Scientia Crastina, Latin for ‘The Science of Tomorrow’)—a networking platform for the exchange of knowledge, skills, experience and opinion regarding scientific communication and science dissemination. The primary target group is early career scientists, but here you can find stuff which is useful for anyone with an interest for communication. Read more.
There are several ways to engage in the Crastina network activities.
- The Facebook Page offers interesting links every day.
- You can become a link curator of the FB page–just like these people.
- You can be a guest blogger–please get in touch.
You might also enjoy the work and words of Susan de la Vergne. She’s a Californian engineer who worked for many years helping engineering student to communicate clearly. https://www.linkedin.com/pub/susan-de-la-vergne/2/3a5/22a