Reading, 4 November 2015
Thank you for attending my talk in Reading! Below you will find a pdf with the lecture slides as well as a motley but useful collection of links .
Good luck with your studies, research, networking and communication! And don’t forget to keep in touch, e.g. by liking the Crastina Facebook Page.
- Getting started with LinkedIn
- How to succeed in interviews
- Better Posters
- My favourite presentation by Hans Rosling
Mr Scicomm = Kirk Englehardt
If you want a starting point for general science communication (hashtag #scicomm) your man is Kirk Englehardt from Georgia Tech. He knows what is going on, and presents summaries like this every week!
My current pet project is Crastina (from Scientia Crastina, Latin for ‘The Science of Tomorrow’)—a networking platform for the exchange of knowledge, skills, experience and opinion regarding scientific communication and science dissemination. The primary target group is early career scientists, but here you can find stuff which is useful for everybody with an interest for communication. Read more.
There are several ways to engage in the Crastina network activities.
- The Facebook Page offers interesting links every day.
- You can become a link curator of the FB page–just like these people.
- You can be a guest blogger–please get in touch.