Belgrade, 4 October, 2014
Sorry for my late feedback; I have a very busy schedule right now. Anyway, it was great to meet you in Belgrade and I was very impressed by all the smart people I met and the high standard of your conference.
Below are some links and references which you can find useful (and perhaps entertaining).
Good luck, and bear in mind what the student Leonidas Georgiou once wrote to me: ”Lets face it: badly communicated science is boring and a big component of doing science is motivation; we can’t expect to motivate people without good communication skills!”
If you have a special interest for research communication, read more about this web site and go exploring.
Specially recommended articles:
- How to succed in interviews
- Open notebook science
- Build a social media strategy wisely (by Iva Filipovic from Zemun/Belgrade University)
• Death by PowerPoint – and how to fight it
A slideshow by Alexei Kapterev från Moskva.
• Life After Death by PowerPoint
PowerPoint as stand-up comedy by Don McMillan.
- Hans Rosling (with my favourite: The Magic Washing Machine)
- Eddie Izzard
- Steve Jobs